If you are one of the folks who enjoy lounging on the beach and you’re staying in Taiwan, then you might consider visiting Kenting. It’s one of the popular beaches in Southern Taiwan. It’s a well-known destination for summer getaways. Kenting is located at the southern tip of Taiwan. This area is already near to Batanes. Last summer, my brother joined a marathon in Kenting so we all traveled all the way from Kaohsiung City to Kenting for a 2-day vacation. It took us 2 hours and a half from Kaohsiung to Kenting by car.
What to Do in Kenting:
1) Have fun at the beach. If you’re in Taiwan and you just wish to splash on the beach, then I guess, Kenting is already a good place to visit. Moreover, I love the atmosphere in Kenting. The place seems so serene and relaxing. I recommend this place if you want to take a break from the buzzing city of Kaohsiung and Taipei. You can enjoy water sports and scuba diving on the beach.
2) Enjoy the picturesque rocky shores. I considered this as the best part of my trip to Kenting. These rocky shores are really worth visiting. It made me feel like I was at some part of Europe.
3) Visit the National Museum of Marine Biology and Aquarium. This is a big aquarium that contains marine exhibitions. Unfortunately, we were not able to visit this aquarium but my brother said that it’s one of the popular tourist spots in Kenting. I searched for some pictures from the net to give you a glimpse of this aquarium.
4) Ride a bicycle around the town. As I’ve said, I love the atmosphere in Kenting because it seems so serene and relaxing. Try to ride a bike around the town and enjoy the ocean breeze. My niece and I borrowed a bicycle from the hotel where we stayed and rode the bicycle around the town. Actually, it was quite an extraordinary type of bicycle. It’s like two bicycles combined into one. One thing that amazed me about Taiwan is that you could find different types of bicycles in the country. Well, I didn’t have the picture of the bicycle so I just tried to look over net.
5) Go to the night market. And of course, don’t ever leave Kenting without dropping by at their night market. The night market is one of the best ways to experience the night life in Taiwan. It is where you could taste the local delicacies for a cheap price. Moreover, you could buy lots of pasalubong at the night market. So dropped by at the night market and eat until you drop!
How to go to Kenting:
Check out this page from wikitravel: http://wikitravel.org/en/Kenting